Friday Fictioneers #11

At least, I think this is #11?

On Tuesday, my editor asked for the latest copy of Sleight of Spirit.  I was essentially caught on page 200 out of 300 all of the sudden, and still with some things to change beyond that!  So this has been the week of epic editing.  I have gone through and tightened, tugged, and added to 95 pages in two days, and today was spent with the last three pages as well as making sure the file was all in order.  Tonight I will make the remaining changes, check my linearity, hit “send to editor” and melt into a little puddle on the floor.

In the mean time, I’m going to give my poor wittle mind a breaksie with Friday Fictioneers!  I didn’t meant to ramble at you there.  Without further ado…

buzzard

He hovered like a vulture waiting for the lions to finish.

“We don’t have much time.”

“I know that.”

“We’re going to lose everything if you don’t get going.”

“So you’ve mentioned.”

“Come on, come on…”

“Will you shut up!?”  Deep breath, staring contest, faint sniff of disdain.  “In case you’ve forgotten, I’m only doing this for the money.”

“You won’t get any money if you don’t get going!”

“And neither will you if you don’t let me work.”  Arms crossed, stubborn chin.

Defeated.  Hands up.  “Fine.”

Another moment.  A beep.  A sigh.  “Finished.”

His eyes lit with triumph.  “Excellent.”

About these ads

About Kaitlin

Kaitlin and Michael are co-authors of The Athele Series. They met in summer of 2006 and married in fall of 2009. They both teach English in South Korea. In his free time, Michael writes, plays video games, plays DnD, and idly contemplates world domination. In her free time, Kaitlin writes, runs, dances, and feeds her 'oo-shiny!' complex.

19 thoughts on “Friday Fictioneers #11

1. Kwadwo says:

I’m not quite sure I understood what was going on, but it seems they were pressed for time about it. I’m surprise those two are able to work together with those attitudes.

2. Nice to see another entry with lots of dialogue, that was my inclination for this prompt as well.

3. Hi Kaitlin: …’melted in a little puddle on the floor’ lol. Happy you dried off and decided to join us with your “battle of wills” FF story. Good luck with Sleight of Spirits. Dear Kaitlin… ***Thank you so much for my adorable Hanbok, (traditional Korean dress). A lovely surprise. Currently sitting above my laptop, I plan to frame it. However, there was no ‘cheon won’ enclosed but I appreciate the thought. xoxoxox
    I’m #14 on the list.

• Kaitlin says:

Oh dear, really? I’m so sorry! It must have completely slipped my mind. The next time I send letters I will try to hop one off to you WITH the cheon won in it. :) Thanks for stopping by!

4. Good use of your hundred words in conveying lots of information! Now take a bit of time, relax and contemplate world domination. :-)

5. flyoverhere says:

Great dialog and battle of the wills.

6. Yeah, a battle of wills and great dialogue too. Good shot! Mine is here and linked as well: http://readinpleasure.wordpress.com/2012/07/13/fridayfictioneers-spectators/

7. raina says:

Hehe defiant duo these two. Nice one Kaitlin. Ours are on the list.

8. dmmacilroy says:

Dear Kaitlin,

Take that break now. (Was one of these guys your editor?) I was a little confused and am still wondering about the beep. Chagrined at my stupidity but proud to say I said I was.

Aloha,

Doug

9. rochellewisoff says:

Thanks for sharing your break with us. Great dialogue. I’d like to know more . I’m 24 on the list.

10. Great tension in this, Kaitlin; a real battle of wills. Great stuff.

Well done on the editing – you deserve the week off! ;-)

We’re in the list / here: http://www.lazuli-portals.com/flash-fiction/tideline-transition

Leave a comment...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s